If your host offers the cPanel control panel, and the Theme files are in a .zip or .gz archive follow these instructions. Note: This assumes the Theme you download is a compressed (.zip) file containing a folder under which all the Theme files reside.
- Unzip the downloaded package from Themeforest. Find the folder Theme and inside it find the file installable-theme.zip file to your local machine.
- In cPanel File Manager, navigate to your Themes folder. If your WordPress is installed in the document root folder of your web server you would navigate to “public_html/wp-content/themes” and if you have WordPress installed in a sub-folder called wordpress, you would navigate to “public_html/wordpress/wp-content/themes”.
- Once you’ve navigated to the Themes folder in cPanel File Manager, click on Upload file(s) and upload that installable-theme file you saved in Step 1.
- Once the installable-theme file is uploaded, click on installable-themethe name of that file in cPanel, then in the panel to the right, click on “Extract File Contents”, and that installable-theme file will be uncompressed.
- Follow the instructions below for selecting the Theme.